U.S. exchanges require data vendors to collect and maintain personal and employment information for all Stock API data recipients.
Non-professional subscriber — the information is licensed only for personal use.
Professional subscriber — the information is licensed for the internal business use and/or personal use of the professional subscriber.
All users are “professional” until we qualify them as non-professional. To qualify, each non-professional user must complete an Exhibit B “Non-professional Subscriber Agreement.” The fields required are:
- Subscriber’s name and address
- Subscriber’s occupations
- Name(s) and address(es) of Subscriber's employer(s)
- Subscriber's title(s) and/or position(s)
- Subscriber’s employment functions (description)
The exchanges reserve the right to request it at any time, along with additional details related to the non-professional status, regardless of country or legal restrictions.
How do I qualify as a non-professional subscriber?
To facilitate a decision as to whether subscriber qualifies as a “Non-professional Subscriber,” the subscriber must answer the following questions during the onboarding process.
If a subscriber answers “Yes” to the first question and “No” to all subsequent questions, the subscriber qualifies as a non-professional.
- Do you use Market Data solely for your personal, non-business use?
- Do you receive Market Data for your business or any other entity?
- Are you currently registered or qualified with the SEC or the CFTC?
- Are you currently registered or qualified with any securities agency, any securities exchange, association or regulatory body, or any commodities or futures contract market, association or regulatory body, in the United States or elsewhere?
- Whether you are located within or outside of the United States, do you perform any functions that are similar to those that require an individual to register or qualify with the SEC, the CFTC, any other securities agency or regulatory body, any securities exchange or association, or any commodities or futures contract market, association or regulatory body?
- Are you engaged to provide investment advice to any individual or entity?
- Are you engaged as an asset manager?
- Do you use the capital of any other individual or entity in the conduct of your trading? (trading on margin is ok)
- Do you conduct trading for the benefit of a corporation, partnership, or other entity?
- Have you entered into any agreement to share the profit of your trading activities or receive compensation for your trading activities?
- Are you receiving office space, and equipment or other benefits in exchange for your trading or work as a financial consultant to any person, firm or business entity?
If a subscriber answers “No” to the first question and “Yes” to any subsequent questions, the subscriber does not qualify as a non-professional and will be unable to sign up for a personal use Stock API subscription.
Can I still sign up for Polygon.io as a professional subscriber?
Yes, absolutely. We offer a wide verity of options for business and professionals, check out our Enterprise Stocks APIs.
What if I need to redistribute data outside of my organization?
We recommend using our 15-minute Delayed.feed for redistribution to end-users. Delayed.feed is perfect for web-based charting and screener applications that do not require real-time prices, and will allow you to avoid the additional exchange reporting associated with the use of real-time data.
Can I redistribute real-time data outside of my organization?
Some applications require real-time prices. We offer several enterprise products which provide real-time data redistribution to end-users, including:
Poly.feed - Real-time data from 5 U.S. exchanges, 99.95% price accuracy, and no exchange fees. Perfect for web-based applications that require real-time data without the need for trade execution.
Sip.feed - Real-time data from all U.S. exchanges and dark pools with 100% price accuracy. Perfect for trading applications.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about any of our products, please don’t hesitate to contact us.