A financial report can have data points specialized for an industry, or even a specific company. To make the data more comparable across reports, we parse the XBRL and map tags to the generalized financial concepts that we return in our API. When using the Financials API, you can learn more about where each individual data point came from by passing the query parameter 'include_sources=true'. The mappings and techniques we use were heavily influenced by the methodology outlined here.
Index of Fields
In this index you’ll find the list of all possible fields you might see in the 'financials' block of an API response. Note that fields will only be present if their values directly reported, or they can be computed based on other data points in the underlying data.
Balance Sheet (balance_sheet)
- Non-current Prepaid Expenses
- Other Current Liabilities
- Other Non-current Liabilities
- Commitments and Contingencies
- Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest
- Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest, Common
- Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest, Other
- Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest, Preferred
- Equity Attributable To Noncontrolling Interest
- Equity Attributable To Parent
- Temporary Equity Attributable To Parent